tinaT's avatar

How can I get rid of cellulite?

Asked by tinaT (4 points ) 2 months ago

I am an average sized girl. I usually eat healthily and exercise regularly, however I can not seem to get rid of the cellulite on my upper thighs and legs. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the cellulite?. Is there a way I can get rid of it?

Pandora's avatar

Other than surgery, not really. But you can lessen the look and size, by exercise, diet, sleeping well, not crossing your legs, getting a tan to diminish the look and finally get one of those rubber sweat pants to sweat out your thighs. It will decrease the size of thighs and make your skin appear smoother. Another thing is dry brushing to increase circulation on your thighs and don’t wear tight pants that will lessen circulation to your thighs. Oh, and stay well hydrated. Dehydration will make cellulite look worse.
You can’t do much about genetics but you can lessen the amount of fat being deposited on your body by treating it right.

livelaughlove21's avatar

Well, what’s an “average sized girl”? Here in the US, the average female is overweight. If you’ve got excess fat, losing it should reduce the cellulite. That’s done by eating at a reasonable caloric deficit. You can’t out-exercise a crap diet.

If by “average” you mean “not overweight,” what kind of exercise are you doing? Cardio won’t do much but burn calories – strength training is what makes your body look good. I was at a healthy weight with some cellulite just three months ago when I started lifting – now, no cellulite.

If you are at a healthy weight and lift weights, you might just be SOL. Sometimes it’s just genetic.

dina_didi's avatar

A good way is to be always well hydrated, eat many fruits and salads and as @livelaughlove21 suggested exercise. Many people say that scrub helps. I have not tried it, so I am not sure if it works but you could give it a try!

GloPro's avatar

Flagged as spam. Me thinks “Melissa” and “tinaT” are working together.