What universities of California are good and bad for the major of psychology?
I am 19 and male and am in the midst of choosing what college I want to go to. I am choosing between the following:
I am choosing on the basis of (from most important to least):
1) how “respectable” the school is, it’s reputation, per se.
2) What aspect of psychology they teach, I want to stay away from the science aspect and go more into the actual behavioral aspect
3) People: I don’t want to be around all and only “Preppy” people, sorry not to be rude. And, I don’t want to be around a bunch of people who are only about school – school – school, I want to be around some “outgoing” people, and diverse in nationalities if possible.
4) City: I don’t want to live in a slow type city with nothing going on (boring). I’m a very outgoing person and this is where I will be living for the time I’m there so it’s important.
5) Geographic location & weather, I want to be around a nice sunny weather, you know somewhat like Santa Cruz.
I would be living either at the dorm there or at an apartment near by, my parents would be taking care of most of the expenses luckily.
So please tell me what you know! I would be most grateful, and ask me any questions necessary to better answer my question, I’d be happy to answer! =D
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.