2davidc8's avatar

Where can I find karaoke Christmas music?

Asked by 2davidc8 (3836 points ) December 22nd, 2013

First, let me explain. I’m thinking of Christmas songs where the vocal line has been taken out, just the instrumental remains. Or, if there is a choral accompaniment, then where the chorus remains, but the main vocal line has been taken out.
I’m thinking it might be fun to download these to a CD and sing with friends. If these songs can be downloaded from the internet, that would be best. If they are available for purchase, it’s too late for this year, but I would consider this option for next year.
Of course, I don’t want this to be limited to just Christmas music. Can one find karaoke versions of other songs as well, available for downloading?

2davidc8's avatar

Thanks for the links, @Smitha. Are these sites ones that you are personally familiar with and that you use?

Smitha's avatar

I normally use itunes. I have also tried frostwire and emp3world. I also use 4shared. But have not checked if karaoke’s are available.

2davidc8's avatar

Thanks, @Smitha, I’ll give these a look!

Leanne1986's avatar

Spotify. Type in the song you want and put karaoke after the title. I have used Spotify on many occasions to get backing tracks for concerts where I don’t have a live accompanist and they are usually pretty good.

2davidc8's avatar

Oh, thanks for the suggestion, @Leanne1986. I guess with Spotify I won’t have to do any downloading or burning to a CD! I didn’t know that they also had karaoke.