xxSpaarkliexx's avatar

I am really still confused?

Asked by xxSpaarkliexx (22 points ) January 7th, 2014

My old crush hasn’t accepted my request on Facebook and it has been a week and 2 days and it still says friend request sent and I think the message will be there. If I unfriend him and resend it again I said to myself I wouldn’t because I did that last time when he was online and never gave him any chance. I thought I was annoying him. What’s really getting to me is if he never ignored me he would click ignore. I think he might of not been on but I don’t know because he looks shy and he has about 620 friends on there. I could send his friend a request as he hasn’t been on? But when I look at any other guy for some reason even if their famous, he always comes to the back of my mind. I moved on from him for 5 months until I seen him in the street. If I friend his friend will that be a bad idea because my request still says sent and it has been a week and 2 days. Or I don’t think he’s been online? He still goes to college and I think he might be 1 or 2 years younger than me but I just don’t know what to do anymore?

See your Q and the answers from yesterday.

http://www.fluther.com/167731/should-i-add-my-crushs-friend-on-facebook/

Same advice applies. Stop obsessing and move on. You’re back where you were 5 months ago.

(Putting a question mark at the end of a sentence doesn’t make it a question.)

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
mowens's avatar

I know where you are. It sucks. What you have to do is set a timer on your phone for one week. For that week, you arent allowed to contact him in any way. Once it is up, you may try sending him one more message. If he doesn’t reply, he wasnt meant for you.

There is a plethota of guys out there for you. Don’t waste your time on one who doesn’t give a shit. Not worth it.

I did what you did for 10 years. After I stopped caring what the assholes thought about me, I earned an awesome boyfriend. He’s mine though, stay back! :)

livelaughlove21's avatar

GIVE IT UP!

Please, please, please leave it alone. He’s not interested. Move on.

Desperate is NOT attractive.

syz's avatar

Get a new hobby, go out and exercise, read a book.

tedibear's avatar

As @gailcalled, you have asked and received answers to this question. Please, follow this advice or not as you see fit, but asking again and again on Fluther will only garner you the same answers. I’m not trying to be mean, just letting you know that the answers here won’t change.

LilCosmo's avatar

Here’s what you do: drop it. Cancel the friend request, don’t cancel the friend request, whatever, but leave it alone. I know that in your mind this is a huge deal. I know that it feels like like the end of the world because you feel like this guy is keeping you on pins and needles. But he isn’t, he is just not interested in you. That isn’t the end of the world, it might feel like it is, but it isn’t. Let it go, move on, and before you know it you will have found another crush.

Also, in the future keep in mind that it is never a good idea to ask a question when you don’t want to hear the answer. You will probably notice that the answers to this question are essentially the same as the answers to your – very similar – question from the other day.

mowens's avatar

Attraction can be unattractive.

glacial's avatar

Why would you ask exactly the same question twice? You’ve already had people’s answers.

mowens's avatar

@glacial Because in her mind, the situation has changed completely. I know exactly how she feels. Your mind in these kinds of situations makes you fill in the blanks… when the blanks are not meant to be filled. You invent every possible excuse as to why they could possibly be doing what they are doing. When the answer is simple: They are either an asshole, or they are not interested. It is a huge mental leap for some people to make. To others, it comes much easier.

glacial's avatar

@mowens But nothing has changed since yesterday. It’s exactly the same question. If the OP thought that the situation had changed completely since then, surely she would say so in her details, so that we could give her different answers based on the new information.

It sounds to me like she just wants more attention. It’s not enough for her to be obsessed with this loser; we all have to be thinking about him, too.

mowens's avatar

@glacial Matters of the heart seldom make logical sense. Even less so for 16 year old girls.

glacial's avatar

@mowens Then perhaps she should take her question to 16 year old girls. This is not a good place to come for illogical advice.