Hereforhelp's avatar

Stomach issues?

Asked by Hereforhelp (4 points ) 2 months ago

I was wondering what could be the problem with my stomach? i’v took X lax 4 times and still no bowel movement in 4 or 5 days and sometimes i go 7 or a little longer without one. It feels like im cut off or something inside or like my muscle arent working… i feel so full/uncomfortable and it even hurts my lower back and upper stomach area feels way to full. it doesn’t feel right when i strain it seems pointless when i know theres so much that needs out. i’v been to the hospital with it and got an xray done they jsut gave me a shot in the butt and sent me on my way. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

just a note i think i was poisoned a few months back but.. dont know with what… if something could be connected with this thats posion you all know of feel free to tell your input. PLZ Help!

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

Go to a doctor..again. Don’t settle for a shoulder shrug and an x-ray.

Judi's avatar

Get a colonoscopy. The prep alone will clean you out but you have a problem that needs to be addressed.
I’m wondering, do you take laxatives often? You can become defendant on those things and cause more damage than help.
Do you take perscription pain killers?
How many cups of vegetables do you eat each day?
Have you tried a fiber supplement?
How much water do you drink?
Have you seen a regular doctor, not just an ER doctor?

syz's avatar

Um, wow ( you were poisoned?). See a doctor (rather than an emergency room).

What did “they” say the shot was? What was its purpose? Were the x-rays done with barium?

Upper GI series? Lower GI series? Did you mention poison to the ER guys?

See your PCP tomorrow.

The ER should be able to diagnose if you have a blockage, which can be very dangerous. Since you sometimes are like this for 7 days I’m hoping this is just another episode like that and you are not actually blocked.

Can you go to your regular doctor tomorrow? Or, a GI doctor? Otherwise, go back to the ER or an urgent care.

What is your diet like? Raw hard veggies like carrots, celery, and things like nuts constipate me. Raisins work great for me to keep things regular. Prunes also are usually very effective for people, but I don’t like them.

Ex Lax is weak. It’s terrifically ineffective.

One thing you can try is fiber bills (not the fiber poweder like metamucil, which makes you gag. Take the capsules like Fibercon. They help a lot.

Also consider taking Miralax powder once a day. That helps smooth the way. Purple label on a white plastic bottle. Mix with water.

There are even more effective ways, but these two would be the over the counter suggestions I have.

See a doctor, as well.

Judi's avatar

sometimes I hate spellcheck.