Khajuria9's avatar

What is the best way to tell a person you love them without being explicit?

Asked by Khajuria9 (1754 points ) February 23rd, 2014

How do you think a guy be approached over distance if there is no good amount of conversations exchanged between the two?

You can tell them you enjoy knowing them and having them in your life. That’s about as far as I would go until I was in a position to be in an agreed upon exclusive and committed relationship.

I would caution you about describing your feelings as being “in love” if it is a distance relationship and “if there is no good amount of conversations exchanged between the two”. Think it through and separate infatuation and desire from love. It’s all good and wonderful, but complications and confusion and discord arise from conflating the two.

creative1's avatar

I wouldn’t do it unless you know its reciprocated otherwise when you don’t hear a response from him your not sad or disappointed. I would hold off on all accounts till your in person so you can see his response to telling him you love him.

Khajuria9's avatar

zenvelo, Why would telling him make things worse?

Khajuria9's avatar

creative1, how would you know the likelihood of the love being reciprocated?

@Khajuria9 Because if you tell me you are in love with me, but we are not even communicating, I will view you as a misguided person who does not know enough to be in a real relationship.

if there is no good amount of conversations exchanged between the two? This is both clumsy and ambivalent. Do you mean that you two don’t talk very much or that you are not able to discuss intimacy issues?

And does a guy being approached over distance mean that you two are in a long-distance relationship? If so. how often do you actually spend time with each other? When you do, are you sexually active?