monkey_93's avatar

How did your boyfreind act when you were pregnant?

Asked by monkey_93 (3 points ) April 1st, 2014

I am 10 weeks pregnant and my boyfreind doesn’t seem to care. Every time I talk about it he quickly changes the topic.

We curently moved in together and I feel very alone, we don’t sleep together.I asked him to come to the ultra sound and he didn’t. When I asked him about it he ignored me and left not telling me where he was going.

Is this normal? Before I was pregnant everything was fine. Ever since then I feel very alone and don’t understand why he’s not excited. How can I talk to him about this and what should I do? Please share any similar experiences. We have been dating for 8 months, and it wasnt planned. How ever he mentioned having kids with me and how he would be happy to have children, so I am confused.

rojo's avatar

Is this normal? No, it is not. He is probably not very happy that you are pregnant. I am sorry I have to tell you that but that is probably the truth.

Parenthood is not all fun and games and he probably knows that his life is about to change and not thrilled with the prospect and not ready to grow up and shoulder the additional responsibility.

Your BF does not appear to be thrilled with the idea of being a dad.I am afraid you are probably in for a rough time. I hope you have other friends that can give you the support you need.

Smitha's avatar

I think you need to sit down with your boyfriend and try and talk through this with him. Some men display such behavior when you are not married and not planning for a child. Maybe he wasn’t ready to be a father? He probably is in shock and maybe he’ll come around once the baby comes but if he tries to pressure you to do something you don’t want to do, then you really need to move on. Worrying isn’t healthy for you or the baby. I hope your boyfriend comes around but if not be strong and move on for the sake of your own health and most importantly for the love and health of your baby.