trailsillustrated's avatar

What is the mark of the beast?

Asked by trailsillustrated (14839 points ) 1 month ago from iPhone

An old l friend that I uses to be really really close to posted something about “going home soon”. When I asked her where ‘home ’ was, she said heaven , that Jesus was returning, and something about RFID chips and the mark of the beast. This twirls my mind have you ever heard of this?

1TubeGuru's avatar

666 is the mark of the beast.

One of my elder brothers school friends birthdate read as 6/6/66, his initials were BB (B eelze B ub)
I never liked him :(

Jonesn4burgers's avatar

All these things are laid out in the Bible, in Revelations. You need a GOOD clergy to help you sort it out. It’s written like a bad acid trip. I would compare it to some of the album covers of the seventies,like Pink Floyd’s The Wall. There are lots of strange things all thrown in together. It is supposed to mean something, and I can sort out some of it, but lots of it gets right by me. The scholars feel like they have Revelations pretty figured out. I still believe somebody was on quite the trip.

flip86's avatar

Nothing. The mark of the beast is just as real as the mark of Harry Potter. All fairy tales.

Those RFID chips are bogus too. Spread by crazy conspiracy nuts.

your social security number.
or was it bar codes…
oh, now it is rfid chips.

flutherother's avatar

The first mark of the beast is a white hair growing out of the palm of your hand.
The second sign is looking for a white hair growing out of the palm of your hand.

Conspiracy theorists and end-of-the-world crazies look for anything to justify their wackiness.

30 years ago barcodes were the mark of the beast.
Before that it was social security numbers
Before that it was license plates.

I hope all your friends aren’t this unbalanced.

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

From what I understand about end-times lore is there must be a great deception or false god first. Anything before that by definition is not “the mark” or whatever.

Burt Reynolds’ moustache?

SecondHandStoke's avatar

@ragingloli

Obama cannot be the Antichrist.

The Antichrist will at least appear to be a good person.

jca's avatar

They say the Antichrist will be followed by the world and may even be the Pope.

The mark of the beast is 666. You are not supposed to be able to figure that out.
Does it mean gold? A date? The number of letters in a name (I’m looking at you, Ronald Wilson Reagan!)?
Whatever. It isn’t important. What is important is to be a good person, and have God in your heart.

My fifth grade teacher said it was Russia because there were 6 letters in Russia. I knew she was crazy even then.

one has to wonder how often you have to be proven wrong until you take a hint. another 2000 years, perhaps?

fluthernutter's avatar

The Infamous Horned Baby of Walnut Creek*

I was walking around one day when I happened to peer inside a stroller and caught a glimpse of a baby—with what looked like two little horn nublets coming out of its forehead. I swear to god!

Okay, so the kid isn’t exactly infamous, seeing as how I’m the only one who seems to have noticed it. (The husband was entirely oblivious to it.) He thinks I made it up. In all seriousness, I googled it. And most likely, the kid just has cutaneous horns But, come on! What are the chances of having two on your forehead in just the right placement? This was not during Halloween.

Darth_Algar's avatar

The Antichrist will have a birthmark on his forehead that resembles birdshit. This is the Mark of the Beast.

There’s quite a debate among bible buffs that the number is 616, I know this because I looked it up to appear clever.

Back in the 80’s the mark of the beast were scanner codes. Supposedly everyone was going to have to get a scan code tattooed on their body somewhere. Nowadays they say we’re going to be forced to get computer chips implanted in our body.

Don’t know what it was in the 50’s, 60’s. Probably television.

And there was this. But I survived.

Kardamom's avatar

If you turn the middle six upside down, giving you a nine, somebody’s gonna be having one heck of a threesome. 696.

jca's avatar

@Kardamom: Or if it’s kept 666, it will be one heck of a daisy chain. LOL

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

For it to be proper it needs to be alphanumeric 6S9

6 S 9, the goose drank wine, the monkey spit tobacco on the street car line…..

syz's avatar

Strange friend you have.

trailsillustrated's avatar

It really freaked me out. I guess it’s supposed to be Obama