Send to a Friend

bobbinhood's avatar

After having been subpoenaed to testify in court, how can I get this changed to a deposition?

Asked by bobbinhood (5894points) March 31st, 2011

In January of this year, I witnessed a motorcycle accident. I have now been subpoenaed by the city to testify in traffic court on May 24 on the East Coast of the U.S. However, I am moving to the West Coast on May 10, and I’m getting married there on May 25. I can’t be out East for the court date. What steps do I need to take in order to be permitted to give a deposition rather than appear in court? There are no attorneys listed on the subpoena.

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.