Send to a Friend

mirifique's avatar

How can I insure my belongings for an out-of-state move when I don't know my new permanent address?

Asked by mirifique (1537points) March 5th, 2012

Moving from CA to WA. I don’t know where my new address is as I’ll be staying at a hostel until I can find an apartment. My stuff is being moved by U-Pack directly into a storage facility in Seattle. What’s the best way to insure my stuff during the move? My renter’s policy only covers stuff while it’s in my current address, then when I move that policy voids, and they won’t cover stuff in storage or while I’m in a hostel, etc. Perhaps a separate shipping/freight insurance policy? Any help would be appreciated here. Thank you!

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.