• This question is currently being edited.

Social Question

Harrow185's avatar

Anyone know of schools in cali that accept lower division transfer students?

Asked by Harrow185 (298points) November 16th, 2012

I want to transfer from my school in MA to school in California. The only problem I’m facing is that I cannot find any schools that accept lower division transfer students. I prefer to transfer to a southern school, but beggars can’t be choosers. After the spring semester I’ll have accumulated 30 transferrable credits = Lower division. Thank you in advance for all of your help! :-)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

gailcalled's avatar

By school do you mean high school or college?

What is a lower division?

You asked almost the identical question in mid-July of this year. Have you not done more research?


Jeruba's avatar

I understand “lower division” as basically the first two years of a four-year program, while you are still working on core credits.

Have you looked at junior colleges? De Anza has an outstanding reputation, and it sends many students on to complete their upper-division work at the four-year schools. I’ve taken several classes there myself as a so-called “lifelong learner.”

zenvelo's avatar

You mean Cali, Columbia? California is another matter.

You can apply for general admission (like a freshman) and transfer your credits if done at an accredited school. You’ll pay out of state tuition, but the Cal State Universities and the University of California schools have been open to out of state students because you pay full freight plus a premium.

You have until November 30 to get UC applications in for fall of 2013.

This discussion is closed.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther