• This question has been deleted.

Social Question

MissBean's avatar


Asked by MissBean (16points) February 8th, 2013 from iPhone
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I would put it into three or four conservative mutual funds. Don’t put it all in one place. And get a broker you can trust.

gailcalled's avatar

What state do you live in?

RandomGirl's avatar

This is off-topic, but I’m really curious: What happened that an 8-year-old is getting a $30,000 settlement? If you don’t want to tell us, I understand… But I thought I’d try.

gailcalled's avatar

The Vanguard Fund has an excellent long-term tax free bond fund if you are a PA. resident. It is moderate risk/ moderate reward.

Here’s a list of some other good Vanguard Tax-free funds as well.


I have used the NY State long-term tax free bond fund for thirty years.

Do your due diligence. Don’t take my word for anything.

LuckyGuy's avatar

To triple it in 10 years you will need to get about 15% per year. That is going to be hard to find. Yields like that are possible with equities (stock) but they are risky.

This discussion is closed.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther