Send to a Friend

simone54's avatar

What's with that 1920s American accent in movies and TV?

Asked by simone54 (7581points) March 25th, 2014

I mean the accent they often use in gangster movies. “Look here, see.”

Is there any proof that people used to talk like that? Or is it a creation of modern hollywood.

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.