Send to a Friend

ScottyMcGeester's avatar

Is there a term for this specific type of "dozing off"?

Asked by ScottyMcGeester (1586points) July 21st, 2014

There’s this thing that I do that I’m sure all of you have experienced. I guess you could call it “dozing off” but I was wondering if there was a more technical term or some more research on it.

It’s not really falling asleep, and definitely not REM sleep. It’s just a state where you rest and you’re thinking about things and then the thoughts sort of play out on their own and then you realize what you’re thinking about and then – POOF – the thoughts fade away. Sometimes you can’t recall what it was you were just thinking about, but you get the feeling that it was something bizarre and alien-like.

Sometimes I do this when I feel like I need a short moment to “recharge” myself. Like a couple minutes ago right now at work. I just thought, “Let me lay my head here,” and my thoughts suddenly took on their own form and became jumbled, as if beyond my control, yet I was very much conscious.

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.