Maybe fluther could help me brain storm some jobs/career ideas based off my info and background?
Heres what I’m good at now.
– Writing (more business than creative)
– Analyzing Information
– Knowledge of Loan/basic financial products
– Always follows current affairs and politics
– Very good with computers (but no specific training like CCNA or Java etc.)
-Most people think I’m pretty smart and I’m generally a fast learner.
Here’s what Interests me
-Traveling: The job itself doesn’t necessarily need to involve a lot of travel, but afford opportunities to do it in my spare time at least.
– Current events: I suppose anything that involved me in what’s happening in the world would be pretty cool.
– Money: The more the better! part of my motivation is that I am not happy with the results of my degree, if I’m going to switch paths it needs to pay, soon or in the future.
– Some tech, I’ve played around html and css, but nothing too serious. I’ve considered switching to tech because it pays well and computers interest me, but I feel like its abandoning my other interests.
If you like to read, below is my background:
I graduated from college in 2009 with a major in Political Science. At the time I took any job I could find and ended up working at a bank, left to sell mortgages, but that fell through before it even started. Now I work at a large bank responding (via letter) to borrower complaints related to mortgages. lately though I have been running reports for our office and writing/updating procedures for some of the projects that I’ve been put on. Long story short, I’ve kind of fallen into the finance industry as most people do, but its not really of interest to me. Turned 27 this year and decided I better make a change before I become too complacent and entrenched. I suppose I wouldn’t mind finance if it paid well, but my desire to travel and have an impact in the world seem to eat at me some days while I’m chained to my cube.
Anyways, I’m open to pretty much what ever you guys suggest, I have a few ideas myself, but I don’t want to lead the ideas down a certain path. so throw them out there guys, lets hear it.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.