JesusWasAJewbot's avatar

How do I fix my Linksys WRT54GL router?

Asked by JesusWasAJewbot (1500 points ) July 10th, 2012

I purchased a Linksys WRT54GL router, long story short – I had no idea what I was doing, tried to load “Tomato” firmware on it by doing a firmware upgrade, my router will now not communicate with anything or broadcast a signal, I cannot connect through its ip 192.168.11 nor ping the router. The power light will not go solid as well, I tried a 30 second restart but don’t think it worked.

dabbler's avatar

The “30 second restart” is reset to factory default ?
If you tried that already sorry to say you may have ‘bricked’ it. :-(
Also try an IP survey, could it have somehow ended up at a different IP address?

JesusWasAJewbot's avatar

I tried the 30 second restart which is supposed to be the hard reset for them and it didn’t work, tried to get it into management mode and that didn’t work either (hold reset for 5sec and unplug and plug back in).

I’ve googled a few things on it and those are the most frequent “fixes” I’ve seen.

dabbler's avatar

The ‘30 second” restart included pushing the tiny ‘reset’ button?
If you did all that, it’s hard to think of what else you can try unless you are good at de-soldering the EPROM and have a factory fresh one to put in its place.
Could be time for the recycling bin.