Meta Question

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

Here in Fluther can we have an unofficial ”Say nice things to people” week?

Asked by Hypocrisy_Central (21989 points ) April 9th, 2014

It is easy to get testy, cheeky and short with others here in Fluther because they do not believe, think or reason like you do. But can we put aside all of that for one week and say nice and pleasant things to each other?

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

To start this off, I want to say to those who felt insulted or belittle, it was not my intention. We are not supposed to mention names, but as the Matrix is, some rules can be bent; others broken, I won’t mention any names.

To a certain ”Noisy White” Jelly, I appreciate you ”Stand my ground” debate or defense of your believe; shows fortitude, keep it up.

To the Vulther (Vulcan + Fluther) I pray for you, even though you care not for it, for your future prosperity, everyone deserves to be able to sit back and go ”ahhhhhhh….” in this life at least once.

The ”Z Jelly” near the Bay, thanks for not being wishy-washy, I can certainly know where you are coming from so I never have to ponder if there is any guile in your rhetoric.

To the ”Zombie Canuck” love how you can state your case in a respectful but honest style, if there is any Flutheronians to stick around for, you would be near top of the list.

To the ”Gearhead” Flutheronian, the reason why you raised such fine young men is because you have a good head on your shoulders, even if I don’t agree with everything it thinks of.

II am sure there are many other Jellies I can think of nice things to say about, just can’t think of it right now.

Cruiser's avatar

Ok “Centrally oriented crazy dancer in a bed sheet” I never would have guessed you to be so genteel and dare I say “sensitive” and “nice” ;). Pretty cool idea Sir!

whitenoise's avatar

To some I just almost can’t be nice anymore. Their unwillingness to put intellectual effort into an open dialogue is just too abrasive. Their condescending, patronizing moral high horse just too tall to overlook.

Damn… I can’t even ignore them, leave alone say nice things.

Nevertheless, the idea is good…

So… To the pivot of pretension I bid good morning. Let’s both look outside and see the beauty of live. May it always smile at you.

To all my other flutherites… I lurve you…

Yetanotheruser's avatar

It has been said we have two basic emotions from which all other feelings arise: fear ( which can be the reason for hostility, anger, and just plain meanness, for example), and love, an overused term, but by no means an overused feeling.

Lurve to all my jelly friends and others!

cookieman's avatar

Certainly.

Fuck you.

We’ll start tomorrow.

Happy Unicorns and pancakes to all.

Symbeline's avatar

Wow, the guy who flames the OP gets more GA answers than everybody else. Gotta love this place.

BadWolf's avatar

Great question really. One might hope that civility and good sportsmanship would entitle all to put their differences aside for at least one thread once in a while.

At the end of the U.S. Civil War- when the Southern Soldiers, weary and defeated, rode past the Union soldiers during surrender- the Union Soldiers did not jeer or mock.. instead they saluted. Are those who inhabit Fluther instilled with such honor?

I would be very interested in seeing if not one week, but one thread once in a while, could put all differences aside and just celebrate the best each has to offer…

Mimishu1995's avatar

Err… who should I say nice too?

Well, the only one I have in mind right now is the one who I used to debate with over some silly thing.

Well, for one week I’ll take back what I said earlier, because your interest is pretty good after all. It’s just I don’t have the same interest and I didn’t control myself properly that time :( You are pretty pure and romantic, it was just me who didn’t see that :(

I know your interest so well, so you mind if I say “sorry” this way?

Adagio's avatar

I’m left wondering, why and to what end?

Seek's avatar

In much the same way that my husband and I ignore predetermined holidays during which we are expected by society to “celebrate” our affections, I choose to say the things I feel as I feel them, instead of waiting for a designated week.

If I have something nice to say to someone, I’ll say it when I think of it.

“Nice week”…do we each get our own barf bucket?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8RfnFhNIw

GloPro's avatar

Is this the part where I throw my worm in the pond?

I lurve all of you for stimulating me. Me me me me.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@Symbeline Wow, the guy who flames the OP gets more GA answers than everybody else. Gotta love this place.
That is part of the World Wide appeal of this place….you can’t ever get some people to be civil, at least once they start harboring a grudge. This is Fluther at its best, what can you say? Thank you for being real and doing it civilly.

@BadWolf At the end of the U.S. Civil War- when the Southern Soldiers, weary and defeated, rode past the Union soldiers during surrender- the Union Soldiers did not jeer or mock.. instead they saluted. Are those who inhabit Fluther instilled with such honor?
Try an easier question like asking a pig if it can fly above the clouds like an eagle. Thank you for your attempt to further civility in this thread and Fluther in general. :-)

@GloPro Thank you

dappled_leaves's avatar

@Hypocrisy_Central “That is part of the World Wide appeal of this place….you can’t ever get some people to be civil, at least once they start harboring a grudge. This is Fluther at its best, what can you say? Thank you for being real and doing it civilly.”

To be honest, I think this is why you are getting little positive feedback on this question. You take potshots at everyone here, all the time, even when you’re trying to be nice. You don’t think much of us, and you take every opportunity to make that clear. So it becomes hard to take a question like this at face value.

turtlesandbox's avatar

Amazing. I’ve seen questions like this before from beloved members and everyone plays along. @Hypocrisy_Central I don’t know why you stay and let these people use you as a punching bag. I’ve never seen you personally attack anyone here. You may disagree and come up with some wild responses, but you never attack anyone personally.

You take potshots at everyone here, all the time, even when you’re trying to be nice. You don’t think much of us, and you take every opportunity to make that clear.

^this statement is false

Symbeline's avatar

Indeed. If anything, that statement applies to people on Fluther every time Hypo asks a question. I realize that Hypo’s views and beliefs are not popular, (how many times have you all seen me debating against him and challenging him and whatnot, huh??) but I’ve also not seen him attack anyone.

Everyone here is always talking about equality, being open minded and respecting others and their views, but when it comes to Hypo, (and one other user) every time he posts something, people insult him, flame him and ridicule him. So much for practicing what you preach, Fluther. I didn’t flag Cookie’s comment until today because I was curious to see if anyone else would.

I’m not surprised with the results. So he gets flamed and people approve of it. But if it happened to a better liked member, the fecal matter would hit the fan. And you all know it. I understand not liking his views or beliefs, but that doesn’t mean it’s fine to pick on him. What, do the rules only apply to a select few? But so far as I’ve seen here, quality and respect only apply if the person agrees with you. Meh.

dappled_leaves's avatar

@Symbeline You’re right. I’m sure he is passing out flowers and candy under all those [REDACTEDs].

@Symbeline “fecal matter”…heehee, keep it up, only 10 more days :D

Symbeline's avatar

@ucme I was gonna use the Scottish version of it; you know, the one that rhymes with smite. But I figured…technically, that is still cussing. XD

@Symbeline Wise move ;-}
Scottish diarrhoea…Hoots mon, there’s juice loose aboot this hoose :D

GloPro's avatar

This OP is asking for nice comments because a lot of the questions asked by this jelly and the responses given by this jelly are intended to rile people up. Sometimes it cannot be more than trolling, which is an indirect insult. It’s a shame that one must ask for nice comments and should be cause for self reflection. I don’t always get lurve, but I don’t always get shite, either.
being passive aggressive may not be directly putting everyone else down, but if the majority of jellies have felt the indirect ridicule, then the responses speak for themselves. I try not to take it personally, but sometimes it just becomes clear passive aggressive and sly responses. No one likes to be indirectly labeled because someone twists your words and alludes to emotions and responses you have not given.
I think the intent of the OP is a nice one. I agree that the asker clouds the responses.

dappled_leaves's avatar

Sigh. I quoted him taking a potshot at Fluther in this very thread; how are people denying that he does that? He does it constantly.

I do not understand why people insist on calling him civil and respectful. I just don’t ever see it.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@dappled_leaves To be honest, I think this is why you are getting little positive feedback on this question.
Oh, so everyone else is allowed to be honest but I am supposed to lie with a lot of sugar to keep some from feeling offended by comments that has truth to them? I am not taking pot shots at anyone, I think some people better check who is taking shots, and they are not pot shots but deliberate sniper head shots. I just wonder, are you going to go on record to say those Jellies that left, did so because they got bored or because they were slathered with too much love here? Are you going to go on record to say no Jelly was ever ran off this site because of the attacks and insults they have received? If you say that and have some backing to validate that, I would openly apologize to Fluther and all those who are on it as I misevaluated the information.

You don’t think much of us, and you take every opportunity to make that clear.
If that were the case I would be trading insults for insults, and maybe inventing some of my own, and certainly harboring grudges I am not harboring now. Thank you for contributing to this thread, even if for no reason but to have something to discuss, thank you for that,—if you have taken any offence to anything I just posted, I apologize for that.

You’re right. I’m sure he is passing out flowers and candy under all those [REDACTEDs].
So, I can be judge on what I didn’t say and what I may have thought. Are there flowers and candy with all the insults and digs people hand out here openly? Strange one would take much emphasis on what I choose not to say. To be honest a small portion of the tine some are return put downs in my mind, but I am civil enough to keep the thought to myself. Many times it is something factually true, but I just know someone would take it as a put down, so I don’t say it; hell, look at how it is taken when I haven’t said it, just imagine if I had said it.

@turtlesandbox @Hypocrisy_Central I don’t know why you stay and let these people use you as a punching bag.
I know who I am in spite of what people try to make me. We do have mods, so even if I wanted to get in the gutter too, the mods would step in. I will also not be baited into flaming as to give my scoffers numerous reasons to flag me and thus cry ”get rid of him, see how he is”. Whom they try to treat as a bunching bag or door mat, is on them. Those observing can judge what fruit is really on the tree. You can staple apples on an orange three but it is still an orange tree. When the apples rot off and a new crop comes in, it will be evident what type of tree it is.

I’ve never seen you personally attack anyone here. You may disagree and come up with some wild responses, but you never attack anyone personally.
Imagine that? You and I have no grudge going, when one has a grudge simple reason goes flying out of the window.

Thank you for at least examining the fruit before you judge that it is rotten or wormy.

@Symbeline Well, there was a lot I could say was spot on about what you posted; because it was spot on. I guess the telling part I would really say thank you for is:
I realize that Hypo’s views and beliefs are not popular, (how many times have you all seen me debating against him and challenging him and whatnot, huh??) but I’ve also not seen him attack anyone.

It shows people can disagree and debate hard but STILL remain civil. So to say I care little about people here is folly and conjecture. Those who are like you that can debate hard but still; be civil is enough to keep me around for now, oops, they might want to ban you who do as to eliminating a reason for me to stay ~~

@GloPro This OP is asking for nice comments because a lot of the questions asked by this jelly and the responses given by this jelly are intended to rile people up.
OK, let me clear something up, it was not about me. There can be no denying people have grudges, and I have not cornered the market of grudges, I hear them on other threads, I even read some on other threads. Some threads I get to have so many moderated statements that it looks like Swiss cheese, and I was nowhere around when all that defecation hit the fan. I thought it might be nice that all of us could put the shanks down and extend some olive branches and say something nice and positive. I suppose if I would have said in the question I did not think Fluther was capable I would have been taking a pot shot, but look at this thread and tell me that would have been a miss assessment? If there is a inking of truth of it, how is it a pot shot? I was hoping anyone and everyone that had a feud going could just stop it for one dang week, is that really too much to ask?

turtlesandbox's avatar

@dappled_leaves He’s just calling it how he sees it. I also see what he sees. Fluther should be called Hypocrisy Central. It fits.

Everyone here is always talking about equality, being open minded and respecting others and their views, but when it comes to Hypo, (and one other user) every time he posts something, people insult him, flame him and ridicule him.

^this statement is true

He’s never called anyone the names he’s called on just about any question he has asked. If people have such a hatred for him, why can’t they ignore his questions? Some people here can’t wait to take a shot at him and call him names instead of answering the questions he asks.

Seek's avatar

Even the ‘nice thing’ said to the unnamed Fluther Vulcan (whomever that might be) was backhanded.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@Seek Even the ‘nice thing’ said to the unnamed Fluther Vulcan (whomever that might be) was backhanded.
Well, I apologize; I did not know it would. We can’t name, names because it it is a Fluther rule, and seeing you have an avatar before where you had Vulcan ears on and you seem to be a Star Trek fan, and appear to me to have some logic, I thought it a great fit to combine Vulcan and Fluther. So forgive me of my mistake. I will never again in my Fluther life try to refer to you as anything, good, bad, indifferent, scientific, or anything. Are you cool with that?.

I still honestly pray you get a windfall…..you can fault me for that latter.

whitenoise's avatar

You shouldn’t express to pray for people unless you’re sure they appreciate that.

longgone's avatar

@whitenoise I think @Hypo honestly doesn’t understand that. I wasn’t sure before, but his response to @Seek convinced me. I don’t think @Hypo is exceptionally conniving.

To answer the question: To get treated nice, you have to be nice. You’re polite in the sense that you don’t go around calling people names, but you still manage to insult others. Try not to act holier-than-thou. Lose the agenda…be honest. I for one won’t treat you badly unless this lecture counts, and I actually liked this question.

As to @cookieman‘s post…come on. That was hilarious!

cookieman's avatar

To be clear… I was teasing. It was meant to be funny (which is maybe why my comment garnered so much lurve).

I have no issue with @Hypocrisy_Central. I also don’t understand why his views are being referenced above as controversial or out there. Frankly, I don’t even know what they are. I don’t pay that much attention to him.

dappled_leaves's avatar

@longgone Exactly. Yes.

@Hypocrisy_Central You will likely not believe it, but I did mean what I said as constructive criticism.

turtlesandbox's avatar

@longgone Are you saying only nice people can ask nice questions?

longgone's avatar

@turtlesandbox No. If I said that, I was drunk ;)

Symbeline's avatar

@cookieman If you were just teasing, I do sincerely apologize.

I can’t shake the feeling that if it was said to someone else however, that people would have not have found it ’‘hilarious’’. Sorry for ruining the thread though. Kinda going against what the OP had in mind. :/

longgone's avatar

@Symbeline I’m sure I would have found it hilarious no matter who the OP might have been. @cookieman doesn’t strike me as being the type to attack, so I didn’t take him seriously even for a second.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@longgone You’re polite in the sense that you don’t go around calling people names, but you still manage to insult others.
Is that them or I? I can’t determine what every Jelly here would find insulting or not; how many people logon here daily? However, if I say point blank you are a blank, or blank is there any mistaking that to be an insult? For instance someone can say We should not give licenses to foreigners who are here illegal, as they said that thinking of all illegal aliens no matter where they came from, or maybe they have a fear of terrorist, but some Hispanic member can feel it is directed solely art illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America because in their area the government is cracking down on them. So was it the OP or the reader who got it incorrect when no nationality was even mentioned? People will take things how they want to take them from their perspective; I can and won’t be responsible for that. If I did, I could only ask questions about cacti and even then someone might get offended because it is not the cacti growing around their home.

Try not to act holier-than-thou.
That would be opinion. Are you putting that also to those who may be seen acting ”smarter than thou” because what others believe they can’t measure, weight, see, feel, smell, or hold, and thus they have to be stupid, or unintelligent? Is your stement of them as well?

@dappled_leaves You will likely not believe it, but I did mean what I said as constructive criticism.
Instead of correcting me of something you judge needed to be corrected, if I did the same I am said to be rude and holier than thou, etc., you could have thought about someone whom you may have had an unpleasant, unfriendly, or less than polite exchange with in the past and posted something good about them, not focusing on me. Try that next time. ;-)

dappled_leaves's avatar

<shrug> I tried.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

<shug and head shake> I really tried…..

GloPro's avatar

“Can we have an unofficial ‘Say nice things to people’ week?”

You come up with great initial questions. You would make a great political publicist, as your spins are top notch.

Seek's avatar

Publicly posting that you will pray for someone, then immediately following with “not that they appreciate it” or something to that regard, is not saying a nice thing.

If you feel in your heart that praying for someone will do them some good, the pray for them, in your closet, without expecting accolades for your trouble.

Bragging about your prayer life is simply a matter of self pride. The person you are praying for has no part in that.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@Seek Publicly posting that you will pray for someone, then immediately following with “not that they appreciate it” or something to that regard, is not saying a nice thing.
Never said you would not appreciated it, however, if I read you right off what you have said in the past, you do not believe in it so how can you appreciate it though. That was beside the point, I was trying to let you know in spite the fact you may, and not you have not said it, she has not said it everyone, view me as the film around the bottom of a toilet, I do not harbor any grudge towards you, and pray the best for you, I don’t wish, so prayer is all I have. I do not offer prayer for pats on the back, it was just to let you know that I don’t harbor any ill feelings. But, since it appears I can do nothing remotely nice for you or in your direction, I am going to simply quit engaging you less I keep you in a pensive mood too often. I won’t answer any of your questions, if you comment on any of mine, I will just ignore it. That way I will not offend you, purposely or by accident. Hope that will work for you…..signing off, radio science from here out.

longgone's avatar

@Hypocrisy_Central “People will take things how they want to take them from their perspective; I can and won’t be responsible for that.”

If you’re unwilling to try and find out where you might be at fault, why should people be nice? That’s all I’m saying. And yes, all of this is just my opinion.

This thread is SO predictable. (yawn) @HC You’re such a glutton for punishment brotha.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@longgone If you’re unwilling to try and find out where you might be at fault, why should people be nice? That’s all I’m saying. And yes, all of this is just my opinion.
Did you read what you just wrote? Who is to say I was at fault and others are not at fault? You have your opinion that the fault is mine, but dare I have an opinion others are at fault, then I am rude, insensitive, arrogant, holier than thou, etc. While everyone is trying to state to me not to be judgmental, have a condescending personality, those very people do the same, I guess since they believe they have numbers they are correct, but we know some things are not correct no matter how many numbers a group has that want to believe.

Is everyone here entitled to have their opinion, or just those who agree with the 97%?

@KNOWITALL This thread is SO predictable.
Sadly, it has degraded much worse than even I thought. Like other thread and questions I can see where it is going to go because of attitudes, but if I call it before it happens, then I am some holier than thou, arrogant pompous, whatever. But I would not be wrong when it actually turns out that way. I genuinely seek to ask though provoking question, but because it is not the thought provoking questions the 97% want to hear….well you see what happens. Those who say they can’t stand bullying are not going to bully me away from Fluther; when I am ready I will leave out the front door with my head high and my chest out before anyone drags me out the backdoor by my heels.

@Hc You sound as stubborn as me. :) You can’t let negative people steal your sunshine, just be you unapologetically.

turtlesandbox's avatar

@Seek that’s real funny coming from you. you know, since you’ve been bitching about the moderation lately.~

Seek's avatar

Dennis is my favourite character from that film. I relate to him on several levels.

LornaLove's avatar

The problem is, the community is so so small.

Anyway I’m glad you are all here.

Symbeline's avatar

I certainly do immensely hope that I was the only one who thought Cookie was flaming. I sure hope the mods especially knew he was joking.

It will be much easier for me to admit I was wrong about that than it would be to accept that they allowed this to remain, just because it’s Hypo. (if, like me, nobody actually caught the joke)

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

^^ I am happy you are here also.

addendum
If @cookieman was joking or not, did not bother me, I have been called worse. It glided passed me so easy I had to scroll back up just to catch up with what everyone was speaking on.

rojo's avatar

No. Fuck off.

Oh, Ok. I am happy all of you are here and have most of your brain cells still functioning.

Happy noiw?

cookieman's avatar

Of course I was joking. Have you read any of my posts?

hominid's avatar

^ @cookieman says he was joking, but he’s been sending me this PM every day since I joined: “Hey @hominid – fuck you, fucko.”

whitenoise's avatar

@hominid
That’s terrible. How do you keep up with that?

My heart bleeds reading about it….

@cookieman is the biggest pussy cat here. There was no doubt in my mind that he was joking.

cookieman's avatar

@hominid & @whitenoise: Yes, they are ad hominid attacks.

@janbb: meaoowww

Winter_Pariah's avatar

My parents, teachers, friends’ parents,etc. have constantly told me that if I have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

That’s all you get.

FlyingWolf's avatar

@cookieman was joking. Major bummer that his post started such a hubbub. I have been away for months and months, and find myself disappointed. In the past this thread (regardless of who started it) would not have degenerated the way it has. It would have been taken at face value and many would have taken the opportunity to say something kind. If Fluther’s demise is imminent, it is threads like this that are responsible.

turtlesandbox's avatar

I really don’t think @cookieman‘s response started this. It has to do with who asked the question. It’s no secret that @Hypocrisy_Central isn’t well liked here. He’s constantly called names and users get away with it.

Here are two examples of similar questions where everyone played along:

http://www.fluther.com/136242/well-could-you-be-bothered-to-say-something-nice-that-would/

http://www.fluther.com/106718/one-thing-that-you-dig-about-the-jelly-above-is-___/

I don’t know what has happened to this place, but being kind to your fellow jelly isn’t a priority these days. Why do you think so many people have left the building. (It’s not because one person can’t ask religious questions any more).

FlyingWolf's avatar

@turtlesandbox, I know HC’s reputation here know how he is treated.

I respectfully disagree about @cookieman‘s quip not starting it. He made a joke. One person called it trolling and we were off to the races with the same old people wanting to stir the pot. I totally agree with your point though that kindness and community are not given the same value around here they once were.

turtlesandbox's avatar

Yeah, you are right. I do think this question would have more traffic if someone else had asked it.

Symbeline's avatar

@FlyingWolf I criticized Cookie, people criticized Hypo, and you’re in here criticizing Fluther.
Frankly, I don’t see what makes you so different. You didn’t participate in the thread to say anything nice to anyone, any more than most others in here have.
You just made some observation about how much the site sucks now.

FlyingWolf's avatar

@Symbeline I described what I saw. I am fairly certain I said nothing about how much the site sucks. I did say that the people have changed and are not as friendly, which is kind of evidenced in the post above this one (and frankly much of this thread). The truth is the site has seemed to lose some of its sense of community over the past year or so.

Symbeline's avatar

As far as being friendly, you don’t come off as very friendly yourself.

So far as I can tell, there has always been some nastiness going on here and there on the site. Mind you, I’ve been here since 2009. maybe you were here before that. But it’s not all like this, and not every thread happens this way. For example, check out this one.
It’s not all bad, but sometimes, stuff happens on here. (seems to depend on the member in many cases) I can only stress, I don’t see how that has worsened or got better since I joined. I remember some nasty threads from way back when.

I also apologized sincerely for making the mistake, although I suppose the bad must always eclipse the good. Nobody even mentioned it, haha. oh wait, I see your point. XD

turtlesandbox's avatar

I have something nice to say…

I think @FlyingWolf is friendly.
I think @cookieman is a sweet teddy bear.
I think @Hypocrisy_Central is interesting and entertaining.

cookieman's avatar

I too would like to say something nice (seeing how well my quip went over):

This lagoon is populated by the most caring, and intelligent, and fascinating individuals anywhere. There is no other place on the internet (and perhaps in real life) quite like Fluther — and that has everything to do with each and every one of you. So while we may not agree on everything, we can agree on that.

Cheers,
@cookieman

PhiNotPi's avatar

Quite honestly, I am saddened by the general reaction to this question…

FlyingWolf's avatar

In the spirit of the thread and motivated by @cookieman amd @turtlesandbox, I would like to say something nice as well:

@Symbeline clearly cares a great deal about Fluther.
@turtlesandbox is thoughtful.
@cookieman is funny and humble.
@Hypocrisy_Central regularly asks very creative questions.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

@FlyingWolf I have been away for months and months, and find myself disappointed. In the past this thread (regardless of who started it) would not have degenerated the way it has. It would have been taken at face value and many would have taken the opportunity to say something kind.
My heart goes out to you. I do believe you are more spot on than not in regards to how this question would have went if another had posted it. I have also seen other threads where people acted in the spirit of the question and played along. However, I do have to agree with @Symbeline that the site is not on its death throes yet; there would still need to me more diversity to have an actual ”us” vs. ”them”. Right now, it is nowhere near that parity.

@turtlesandbox It has to do with who asked the question. It’s no secret that @Hypocrisy_Central isn’t well liked here. He’s constantly called names and users get away with it.
As said before, parity has not been achieved here. I am sure on some other site if it were dominated by believers, (even if they are on milk), they would say something unflattering against homosexuals, and if the gay members there are outnumbered 15–1, even the moderation staff, if any, would have a hard time squelching it; certainly there will be less people willing to flag such attacks.

It is still a Jelly lovefest if you are one of those in the 97%, those who were run out of the lagoon on a rail more than likely were not; so they had more people dissing them, than supporters.

It got traffic, just not the positive traffic that was expected to materialize off its creation..