(Contains spoilers) Are you a "24" fan, and did you watch the recent "Live Another Day" season?
So, is Jack Bauer dead?
- When he learned about Audrey’s murder, he was about to shoot himself with a handgun. Then, he heard the melee overhead, remembered his mission, and jumped into action. But, for a brief moment, he was ready to die. (Great acting job by Keifer Sutherland; Jack’s misery was palpable).
- We know that Jack can pilot a helicopter. This means that he can also make a helicopter crash.
- At the end, Jack had a peaceful, resolved facial expression and small smile. He had a plan, and it didn’t include going to Moscow.
- Does the season’s subtitle, “Live Another Day,” suggest that Jack had just one day remaining?
- Most tellingly, the show ended with the silent countdown on the clock.
Of course, Jack won’t be dead if Fox decides to do another season of “24.” Just like Tony Almeida and Cheng, Jack can be miraculously resurrected.