siralexisbest's avatar

How important is flaxseed to a healthy diet?

Asked by siralexisbest (5 points ) August 15th, 2008

What does flaxseed do or what is it in regards to a normal diet?

I use a small coffee grinder – not used for anything else – to grind fresh seeds every few days. (Keep whole seeds and ground powder refrigerated). I sprinkle a few teaspoons on oatmeal, cottage cheese and fresh fruit, cereal, toast and a spread.

Read what The Mayo Clinic says. (I googled “flaxseed.)

emilyrose's avatar

Flaxseed is high in omega 3s which are very good for you.

jessicagoodman's avatar

I would like to tell you about the Hoodia Slow Carb all natural health diet product. That with Hoodia is wonderful. Seems like I can go all day with just a snack. I do take both before Dinner as well. I have taken the Slow Carb just alone and wow it’s very good .So they are winners to me.

These products are wonderful and the best buy! And your Vitalize anti-ageing cream’s to die for. I love it all !!!!!!!

Thank you. I am so glad to have to have come across this website.
http://www.nice-remedies.com

@Do we have a shill here ^^?

I use flax meal in muffins. I keep it in my freezer.

M: ground or the whole seed? As an aside, I plant a few seeds in the late spring outside. They sprout into pretty leggy plants with the typical blue flax flower.

@gc I buy it ground.

tigertigertigerwoodsyall's avatar

This explains the importance of flaxseed pretty well. It’s pretty essential as a source of some important fatty acids.
Flaxseed by Zoe Foods

@Marina; I don’t love hanging around the kitchen, but I do buy the whole seeds, freeze them and grind in their own special little grinder twice a week. It makes me feel so holy that I go back to eating store-bought salsa off a spoon for a meal.

Aster's avatar

I always take fish oil. Is that the same thing?