toddelder16's avatar

What bank offers the highest interest for 100,000?

Asked by toddelder16 (8 points ) March 24th, 2008 from iPhone

looking to invest in a cd and was wondering what is the best cd out there to invest 100,000?

hearkat's avatar

@Gailcalled: That’s how I found my CD account… I Googled certificate of deposit rate comparison and was directed to sites that showed rates for several institutions nationally and locally. My introductory rate was fixed at 6% for the first 6 months summer… I doubt you’ll find that now.

mirza's avatar

Google is a great option. Judging from what I have heard from other people, ING Direct offers the highest interest rates generally for most savings accounts. I believe the interest rate for their CDs is 2.5— 3% depending on how long you keep the account.

There are other banks that offer better interest rates. I heard from a friend that Countrywide Bank has a 5.00% APY interest on their money market rates.But I wouldn’t use it because its not so popular here and seems like a risky place to invest

ben's avatar

Check out—they’ve got unbiased, and up-to-date rate comparisons. It should be just what you’re looking for.