What type of career is best for me? I really can't figure it out?
I am a freshman in college, and still don’t know what career path to choose, or what to major in. I am constantly changing my mind and having new ideas, but nothing seems to stick. I am getting really stressed out, because I need to pick something, but I don’t want to do something for the rest of my life that I am unhappy with. About me:
1. I am very much an introverted person. I don’t want a career where I am talking to people all the time. (I don’t mind some, just not constant.)
2. I value education, and I love reading and learning new things. I also enjoy researching and am very good at writing. I am intellectual. I love college life because of this. :)
3. I want a job that is going to be relatively secure in that it won’t be impossible to find a job in this tough economy.
4. I want a salary that is at least in the 50,000’s.
5. I am not good at science, engineering. I can do math, I am good at it, but it is not my preference. (flexible on the math however.)
I am really worried because I want a career that fits me, and I don’t want to have to go into something that I will hate, or that I will have to go on food stamps with. I hope you can help me. Thank you.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.