Do you think I got the job?
I interviewed today for a job that I really want, but I can’t really tell how it went. The man I interviewed with is the man I would work for, and he seemed like he was interested, but I got a few mixed signals, so I hope you can help me figure out what it means.
1. He kept me there for a full hour
2. He used positive words, such as This is what you will do here, and let me show you the program you will use.
3. He asked me for a ballpark figure of how much money I wanted, and said he would go to bat for me if the company offered too little.
4. he told me that he remembered talking to me on the phone when I ordered supplies for my current job from his company. (That was 6 months ago!)
5. he went over the benefit package with me a couple of times, as if he was selling the company to me.
6. He asked me to fill out paperwork for the background check.
Here is where I got confused as to whether or not I got it
He gave me his card, and asked me to give him a call in a week. Does this mean I got it, but I have to wait for the company to complete the background check as a formality? What do you think?
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.