Spargett's avatar

Can anyone recommend a good site for switching cellular providers?

Asked by Spargett (5353 points ) June 22nd, 2008

My girlfriend has T-Mobile right now, which just isn’t working out for her. Cellphone companies have no problem doing what’s called a “transfer of responsibility”, which means someone else agrees to take over the remainder of the plan.

There are many sites that broker this deal (for a small fee usually). I was just wondering if anyone has used one and what your experiences were.

Or on top of that… if there’s anyone that’d like to take on the remainder of a Fav Five plan on T-Mobile.

- Fav Five – Unlimited talk time for 5 people (can be changed monthy)
– 300 Anytime Minutes
– Unlimited Nights and Weekends
– 400 Text Messages

$44.98 per month. About 6 months left on the contract.

babygalll's avatar

There is Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Cellularone and Metro PCS. It also depends on the area you are in and if the reception is good. Hope it helps.

cheebdragon's avatar

I have had AT&T / Cingular / AT&T for 6 or 7 years now and I have never had any problems, my bf has had a lot of issues with verizon.

mirza's avatar

Cell Swapper – It costs $14.95 to sell a plan on consignment, with no charge unless a sale is made, or $9.95 to pay up front. There is no fee to buy a contract.. I have personally never used the site (because I am perfectly happy with at&t) but it got pretty good reviews on webware, techcrunch and got featured on time magazines best websites list

Spargett's avatar

Thanks “mirza”. I think you’re the only person who actually read the question.