Mr_Saturn512's avatar

How can you look someone up for free?

Asked by Mr_Saturn512 (348 points ) 2 months ago

Say you’re an old guy and you were wondering if an old friend of yours even still lives in a certain town. Can you go to the town hall or something and ask their records or whatever? Would that be weird?

Say that you don’t have Internet or cellphone (even so, sites that look people up are iffy and can be inaccurate). I guess you could look up the Yellow Pages or something but sometimes people have ways of preventing themselves from being printed on there.

Have you tried Facebook? I found cousins I never met before and old friends I had not talked to in 30 years on Facebook. Also, if you just google their name and city, even if it is the city they lived in many years ago, some of their information will come up for free, and probably will help you determine their current city.

Google is your friend!

Go to the public library, and ask for the telephone directory for the town you want to check.

Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated
Response moderated
LuckyGuy's avatar

Try anywho white pages . It is very good – and free.

hearkat's avatar

[Mod says] Please remember that this is in the General section, so responses must be helpful and relate to the OP. Thanks!

ibstubro's avatar

So, you say that I’m an old guy without internet and I’m looking for an old friend?

I find a young friend with internet (or even, gasp another old guy that uses the internet, like me? and have them Google the old friend’s name, check the white page (Yellow pages are businesses) listings and search Facebook. (All mentioned above.)

Still having trouble? Check the same places for mutual friends or classmates. Search the family name in and around the town [you appear to know].

Smitha's avatar

Try googling his name and state or search on Facebook ,Myspace, Friends Reunited, ubfound or Linkedin. Good luck getting acquainted again.