mrentropy's avatar

Paragraph indents in a Wordpress Theme?

Asked by mrentropy (17153 points ) February 20th, 2010

I like Wordpress. I like writing in my web log. But I hate the fact that no theme that I can find has paragraph indents which, as a quasi-writer, I really like.

Does anyone know of a theme I may have missed that support indenting paragraphs?

I’m too cheap to buy a subscription at the moment or I’d edit the CSS to put it in there.

phoenyx's avatar

Sounds like you want the text-indent property, e.g.

p {text-indent: 1.5em;}

Should have read your description thoroughly. You can’t edit the CSS? Don’t know of a theme, but I’ll leave my answer for people who can edit their themes.

jrpowell's avatar

Drop into HTML mode and make it look like this..

It will look like this

mrentropy's avatar

Yeah, I know. The problem is that I want it there always. I use different programs and different operating systems and sometimes I just use the WP editor, when I’m desperate. I was hoping for something that I wouldn’t have to manually insert every time.

I was even hoping there was a Live Writer plugin to do that, but there isn’t.

But thanks for the answers. I’ll file that away in case nobody knows of a theme that has it built in.

mrentropy's avatar

Okay, so I went the semi-lazy route and just write the blog and then add:
<div style=“text-indent:1.5em;”> </div> to the beginning and end. I was desperate.