How do the following statements affect your thoughts on the 2nd Amendment?
I received these by email today from an old friend. This guy happens to be big into hunting and I don’t hunt at all and never have. I don’t even own a gun, but have encountered quite few women who have a gun on their person on in their car at all times. I am not posting this to be “convinced” to do anything. And I’m not lobbying for anything. I would simply be interested in comments pro or con in light of these comments.
1. “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”~Thomas Jefferson
2. “Those who trade liberty for security have neither.” ~John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution© 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of ‘shall not be infringed’ do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.