General Question

minniemau5's avatar

How do you get inpatient care for an eating disorder in Ontario, Canada?

Asked by minniemau5 (432points) March 29th, 2011

97 lbs, 5’6” ½
BMI of about 15
Still menstruating

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

gailcalled's avatar

Are there not a lot of other serious medical issues that keep this from being only about weight loss? Surely your oncologist or team of doctors can help you sort out how to deal with what and when?

Any advice from this (or any other online forum) would be not only useless but perhaps dangerous.

Use us for therapy or general whinging only. We are wonderful listeners.

Seelix's avatar

Talk to your doctor, or go to a walk-in clinic. They’ll be able to direct you to the resources you need.

This site may help. From that site I found this, which gives you contacts based on what city you’re in.
This is a list of treatment centres by city and what they offer.

Good luck.

marinelife's avatar

Please, please follow-through on your impulse to seek treatment. You can be well.

mcsnazzy's avatar

Go to a doctor. They will refer you to a physciatrist or a clinic. If it severe, they will then refer you to a hospital for treatment.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther