General Question

canidmajor's avatar

A question about Canadian healthcare?

Asked by canidmajor (11887points) April 2nd, 2014

If a Canadian has the means and doesn’t want to wait for a non-emergency procedure (for example, hernia repair) can they pay for immediate medical attention legally without leaving the country?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Nope, you can’t jump the que.
But you might be able to pay for it in the states, submit the bills and Canadian health care MIGHT pay for it.
but that is a BIG MIGHT if it wasn’t life threatening.

canidmajor's avatar

Thanks, @SQUEEKY2, for clearing that up for me. I hadn’t really thought of it as ‘jumping the queue’, but I guess that’s exactly what it would be. I had wondered if there was still a private access network available.

Dr_Lawrence's avatar

No. Equal access for all means just that. It is sometimes a mixed blessing but rich before everyone else is what the USA offers. No thanks, I prefer fair. Urgency determines who gets seen sooner. That is fair.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther