Social Question

osuprincess's avatar

What should a single mom with 3 kids pay in rent and a roomate to a single male friend?

Asked by osuprincess (16points) September 23rd, 2010

My friend is going thru divorce and she is having to move. she is going to move into her male friends home (nothing sexual) and she has 3 kids. his morgage is 1000 a mth plus all utilities its a 4 bedroom house. he has no kids. she will cover food with her foodstamps as well. i do not want her ripped off but i feel he is being a lil unfair in the amount asking. she needs to make a decision fast how much should she pay??

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

Jude's avatar


Cruiser's avatar

At least half IMO. He is doing her a huge favor and he is giving up not only his privacy but a big part of his home.

john65pennington's avatar

That’s four people. mainly two adults and one child with her. divide 2.5 into $1,000 dollars monthly mortgage payment and her share payment should be $400 dollars plus $100 for increased untilities(clothes washing, etc) for a total of $500.00.

She has three children. that equals one adult, two children equal one adult and a child or 2.5.

osuprincess's avatar

thank yall very much! her husband cheated and left her after 11 yrs! she has been a stay at home mom and babysits one kid so her income after her childsupport is around a 1,000/mth. so i think that 500 or 600 is reasonable! thank yall again! :)

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther