HeNkiSdaBro's avatar

PCMCIA card with 3g/gsm/edge/gprs. Useful?

Asked by HeNkiSdaBro (392 points ) May 30th, 2008

I have a PC card that is lying around here. It supports all phone networks it seems including 3G. Is there any smart way I can make use of such a card? Here in Sweden obviously it was used for mobile broadband over the 3G network. If I would be traveling could I make use of this card somehow to connect cheaply to the internet? Enhance signal strength or anything like that. It seems to be a very useful card that gives the computer insane telephonish features. Ideas?

1 Answer

osullivanbr's avatar

Interesting idea. To be honest I simply don’t know, I’m sure there’s something you can do with it, but how useful it might be is another question. I’ll do a little research for you tommorrow and I’ll post anything I find (if I find something) here for you.

Good luck in the meatime.