Meta Question

Bellatrix's avatar

Do we have any jellies in Oklahoma who might be affected by the tornadoes happening there?

Asked by Bellatrix (21128 points ) May 20th, 2013

Just watching the live coverage of this sad situation. I wonder if we have any members who live in that region?

I have family out there and it took a while to contact them. They are all safe.

Bellatrix's avatar

That’s good to hear @chyna.

augustlan's avatar

Thanks for asking this @Bellatrix. Hope our jellies are okay!

Warrior_INTJ's avatar

My friends and family are safe, thank you so much for asking :-)

Hawaii_Jake's avatar

I was born and raised in Oklahoma, believe it or not, but it seems like a lifetime ago. I will be flying there tomorrow, as a matter of fact, to attend a family reunion.

Thank you for asking this question.

All my family members live in a different part of the state, and all are safe. My ex-wife, on the other hand, has family very near where the enormous tornado hit. Her brother and his family are safe. Her aunts and uncles and cousins are also safe.

It’s a very sad day.

Bellatrix's avatar

Very welcome @Warrior_INTJ and welcome to Fluther. I’m glad to hear both your family and @Hawaii_Jake‘s family are safe. It is indeed a sad day @Hawaii_Jake. A time to remember that no matter where we live, what our religion or politics, we are all brothers and sisters at heart. You stay safe @Hawaii_Jake. There are supposed to be more tornadoes heading that way tomorrow.

Leanne1986's avatar

Apparently I have relatives in the town that was hit the hardest. I have never met them, only seen pictures and read the odd letter but I really hope they are ok. The last I heard, my Aunt (who is in contact with them) was trying to get hold of them but hadn’t had any luck. I haven’t heard anything yet so I am assuming they still haven’t been in touch.

@woodcutter lives there, he’s fine and PM’d me. He has a dog that won’t get out of bed though- lol

Seek's avatar

@KNOWITALL I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t, either.

Bellatrix's avatar

Thanks @KNOWITALL. Glad he’s okay.