Help us pick our next vacation spot!
This may be our last vacation together before we have children, so I want to make it a good one. We’d like to go during the warm season, but no weeks/dates specifically.
– We’d like to stick to the Southeastern US to avoid pricey airplane and car rentals.
– Nowhere in South Carolina – Myrtle Beach and Charleston are out. We live in SC.
– Our last vacation was in Gatlinburg. BORING! No suggestions involving the mountains or cabins or “quiet, relaxing vacations.” We want fun.
– If we go to Florida, it’ll be Orlando because of SeaWorld. I’m not really interested in other parts of Florida.
– We need to be somewhere where there are things to do. We don’t plan on spending the whole time in the hotel room.
– We love amusement parks and aquariums, but only if they’re good ones.
– We love going on haunted tours, but we’re not really interested in visiting a town just for historical sites.
That’s it. I’m open to anything I didn’t rule out above. Personal experience and suggestions about attractions/things to do would be great. If you know of a place not technically in the SE but close enough to drive, suggest away!