General Question

What smoothy recipes should I try? - I just got a new blender - yay!

Asked by zookeeny (875 points ) February 1st, 2010

As my questions states I have recently made a huge investment (ok huge for me Im on a tight budget!!). I bought a blender and have been enjoying making variety of drinks.

Now I am looking for more ideas.
What goes well together?
Can I have my 5 fruits and 5 veg a day all in one go?
Has anyone added tofu to one? – cant quite bring myself to do it but I do want to increase my protein intake.

Oh yea non alcholic drinks. Ideas for yummy chocolate ones and also really healthy ones – like whats good for healthy skin and detox etc.

Thanks – sorry lots of questions. I look forward to your answers :)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

20 Answers

A green tea smoothie?

ooh ooh!!! what goes well together?

try this: bananas, vanilla icecream, milk, vanilla pudding, sugar, ice cubes, summore bananas! mmmmmmmmmm

@Ltryptophan How do you make a green tea smootie? Sounds nice.

Find some good green tea powder. Use Horizon skim milk, check to see if you have a vita-mix blender, and if not start working on getting one.

Earthbound farms has some superb carrot juice that might go good in a smoothie.

I just put frozen fruit, yogurt a little vanilla, some Truvia and a little soda water. Nom nom!! I might throw in a banana if I have one.

mass-tech, milk, shake and drink. mmmm…combine that with working out and you can go to the jersey shore and find nice ass guidettes.

I worked at a smoothie bar in a gym for a while and my favorite was juice (pineapple, I think), frozen blueberries and raspberries, vanilla frozen yogurt, and cashews, minus the protein powder stuff they put in. The cashews add a creaminess and a nice flavor that I like.

@MissAnthrope that sounds soooo gooooooooood. bleagh without the cashews though. gross…i havnt had anything pineapple in a long time.

I love putting ordinary yoghurt in a smoothie, it gives it that fresh taste i desire :)
like this

I am a bit of a lemon junkie, but my all time favorite smoothie recipe is….

- 2 cups lemonade
– 1 cup frozen strawberries (you can eye ball it)
– 8–9 oz. lemon yogurt (you can try adding in other flavors if you like)
– ½ cup ice cubes

Also you can make this more of a dessert smoothie by adding some vanilla frozen yogurt.

Sweet potato smoothie!

My quick and healthy breakfast is oatmeal and this smoothie:
1 banana
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup plain yogurt
¼ cup blueberries

Those are approximate, I never actually measure, portions are not critical.

Make some hummus. It’s easy, quick, about a quarter of the price of pre-packaged supermarket brands, and good for you.

with us a banana is first in the blender and then some Soy milk, then nuts, fruit or even ice cram might go in there.

I make daily smoothies with organic yogurt, bananas, strawberries ,blackberries, mango’s and whatever fruit I have .I also include almond or soy milk.

Plain yogurt, a little orange juice, blueberries, wheat germ (makes it a little grainy, but adds vit E and fiber).

Anything that goes together. Hey, anything! Experiment! If you are wondering if it’s a good recipe, only make a small bit and decide if you like it or not. If you like it, make some more, if you don’t, don’t!

One that i really love is this: 1 big mango, 2 medium bananas, little orange juice to make it more liquid (throw in how ever much you want depending on how liquid you want it). Sometimes if i have some i’d put in a few tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt too.

Here’s the easiest thing on earth to make with it. Couple of large bananas, a tsp. of valilla extract and ice cubes. Nothing else, including sugar. Makes a combination smoothie the texture of ice cream and is absolutely delicious.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther