aprilsimnel's avatar

How can I rid my Firefox of this redirecter virus?

Asked by aprilsimnel (30620 points ) February 2nd, 2010

I don’t know where I could have gone to pick up this thing, but suddenly, when I surf onto websites from a Google search, I’m being “redirected” to some webpage called c.enhance, except it won’t go through and I end up with a Firefox screen that says “Firefox can’t connect to c.enhance.” At least it doesn’t go through.

I take it that it’s some hijacking virus horsepucky or other. As if I suddenly being on their site would make me think “Wow! Let me buy this junk! How did I ever live without it?” :P

I ran Anti-Malwarebytes and Spyware Blaster, but no dice, it’s still happening. Help, etc.

LeotCol's avatar

Have you tried reinstalling firefox?

limeaide's avatar

Go to the following sites download the free software, run the software, update it then do a quick scan in each:
www.superantispyware.com
www.malwarebytes.org

I’ve had great success using both of these programs. Best of luck

jrpowell's avatar

I would try disabling all your extensions and themes and see if the problem persists.

jerv's avatar

On the Windoze side, I prefer Spybot S&D (mostly due to the TeaTimer resident shield) and Avira to handle that sort of stuff.

Then again, the system I spend the most time on nowadays runs Ubuntu and I haven’t had to put up with such malarky since I switched :P

CocoSmith's avatar

There might be certain malicious plug-in on your PC. You can run other antivirus software to scan the PC. Or you can check the browser extensions and disable the unknown add-on manually. If you don’t know how to disable or delete browser add-on, follow the instructions in: http://www.fixmalwareissues.com/how-to-get-rid-of-baseflash-ads-virus-removal-guide/
Hope your PC issue will be fixed soon.