General Question

How can I rid my Firefox of this redirecter virus?

Asked by aprilsimnel (30620 points ) February 2nd, 2010

I don’t know where I could have gone to pick up this thing, but suddenly, when I surf onto websites from a Google search, I’m being “redirected” to some webpage called c.enhance, except it won’t go through and I end up with a Firefox screen that says “Firefox can’t connect to c.enhance.” At least it doesn’t go through.

I take it that it’s some hijacking virus horsepucky or other. As if I suddenly being on their site would make me think “Wow! Let me buy this junk! How did I ever live without it?” :P

I ran Anti-Malwarebytes and Spyware Blaster, but no dice, it’s still happening. Help, etc.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

Have you tried reinstalling firefox?

Go to the following sites download the free software, run the software, update it then do a quick scan in each:
www.superantispyware.com
www.malwarebytes.org

I’ve had great success using both of these programs. Best of luck

I would try disabling all your extensions and themes and see if the problem persists.

On the Windoze side, I prefer Spybot S&D (mostly due to the TeaTimer resident shield) and Avira to handle that sort of stuff.

Then again, the system I spend the most time on nowadays runs Ubuntu and I haven’t had to put up with such malarky since I switched :P

Response moderated (Spam)

There might be certain malicious plug-in on your PC. You can run other antivirus software to scan the PC. Or you can check the browser extensions and disable the unknown add-on manually. If you don’t know how to disable or delete browser add-on, follow the instructions in: http://www.fixmalwareissues.com/how-to-get-rid-of-baseflash-ads-virus-removal-guide/
Hope your PC issue will be fixed soon.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther