General Question

arturodiaz's avatar

How can I practice law in Canada without being a citizen?

Asked by arturodiaz (553points) June 5th, 2011

I am a law student in Mexico and my girlfriend lives in Canada and I would like to get a certification to practice law in Canada for a while. I am not a canadian citizen nor I intend to become one under any circumstance. Is it possible for me to practice law there?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

Tropical_Willie's avatar

Check the Canadian Bar Association WEBSITE. This is for basic information but is sounds like a FOREIGN STUDENT is would not qualify for membership. Being a member would NOT allow you to act as a lawyer. Maybe able to clerk for someone in a law office.

tranquilsea's avatar

We are pretty antsy about education and equivalent education here, so at a minimum you would have to write and pass the bar. @Tropical_Willie gives good advice: try to clerk for a lawyer.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther