General Question

gemmasgma's avatar

How can I change a 1080 60I video shot on a panasonic HVX 200 HD camera down to 400 by 225?

Asked by gemmasgma (254points) June 20th, 2011

I need to make it smaller to send over the internet. I am using a program called final cut and compresser

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

1 Answer

jerv's avatar

Hmm… sounds like you need a decent transcoder, and the first one that comes to mind that is easy to use is HandBrake

Technically, you can use Compressor™ to do it, but Apple has made doing so an uncharacteristically obtuse and arcane process; enough so that even reading the manual didn’t help. For a company that people worship for their ease of use, they sure dropped the ball on this one :p That is why I am suggesting Handbrake. (Personally, I use SUPER but that is Windows-only while HandBrake is cross-platform.)

Tell me, what is the file format of the 1080i original video? I am not familiar with that camcorder, and sometimes they use something proprietary or just odd.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther