General Question

pallen123's avatar

What type of psychologist studies sensory input, learning, and movement?

Asked by pallen123 (1514points) March 18th, 2012

I’m interested in the learning that occurs when we practice a new sport, like soccer. What field of psychology, or what specialists, study the nature of practice, and the interaction between sensory input/feedback and body movement in the context of practicing sports?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

marinelife's avatar

What you are looking to study looks to be a subset of Sensory Integration.

“Sensory integration is a term used to describe the way in which the brain sorts out and organizes for our use the many sensations which we receive. It allows us to “put together” parts to create a whole; it attaches meaning to sensations through comparing them with past experiences; it enables high levels of motor coordination; it is the basis of perception.”


Lightlyseared's avatar

I’d go with neurobiology as a general area.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther