Social Question

ragingloli's avatar

Is there a term for the act of changing the spelling of a word, to force it to rhyme with another?

Asked by ragingloli (49025points) 1 month ago

For example, changing the word “dromedary” to “dromedara”, to make it rhyme with “Sahara”.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

JLoon's avatar

Oh loli! It’s prolly…Neoligism.

kritiper's avatar

Poetic license.

filmfann's avatar


RedDeerGuy1's avatar

Literary indoctrination?

Brian1946's avatar

Illiterate iteration. ;-)

kneesox's avatar

Although in a humorous English verse, it would probably be dromedary/Saharry.

Response moderated (Spam)
Zaku's avatar

Gelling misspelling.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther