googlybear's avatar

If you were given the chance to take the life you've been given...

Asked by googlybear (1822points) September 28th, 2008

…or take whatever’s behind Door 2 (could be really good, really bad, or something in between) would you give up everything you’ve got too see what your other life could have been like?

deaddolly's avatar

No, I’ve had some bad times, but the good out weigh the bad. I wouldn’t change anything.

jlm11f's avatar

No I wouldn’t. It’s a 50–50 chance, but I wouldn’t even want the reallly good life either. My life, both the good and bad, is what defines me. By wanting someone else’s life, I would be wanting to change myself and my core principles.

SpatzieLover's avatar

I have no regrets.

Without the incredible experiences of my past (no matter how dreadful many were)

I would NEVER allow on second of it to be changed.

augustlan's avatar

I am a product of my life, the good, the bad and the ugly. I’m pretty darn happy with who I am. I would also be giving up my children and friends. So, no. Not a chance.

krose1223's avatar

No because I feel like I have control over the life I’m in now. I would hate to leave my life in the hands of chance.

JackAdams's avatar

Considering all of the physical and emotional abuse I endured at the hands of my mother’s husband, I would eagerly go for the door, because nothing behind it could ever be remotely worse, than the childhood I had.

Trust me on this: It is a truly unique experience, to be whipped with an electrical extension cord, or a cornstalk, or a garden hoe, or a rake, or a tree branch.

EmpressPixie's avatar

No, it might not be perfect but my life right now? It’s mine. I made the mistakes, I made the triumphs, and I’m fairly proud of it. Plus, I’m happy now, why mess that up?

deaddolly's avatar

@Jack So sorry to hear that. But, you over came it all and I’m a firm beleiver in ‘what doesn’t kill you; makes you stronger.’

mzgator's avatar

I wouldn’t trade my life for anything! Period!

JackAdams's avatar

I’m a firm believer in “What doesn’t kill you, makes you pissed!” LOL

GAMBIT's avatar

I would like to stick with the life I have because I have invested so much time and energy into getting to a point where I am comfortable with myself and my surroundings. I had a classic childhood but my teenage years were turbulent and I spent my young adult life soul searching. I can say I learned a lot from those years and they formed me into who I am today. I wouldn’t change a thing and I would like to continue on the path that I started.

Nimis's avatar

JackA: What doesn’t kill you, makes you uniquely JackAdams.

googlybear's avatar

It’s kinda funny…I’ve asked this question on another site, askville, and love to ask my friends this in real life – each time it’s about 90% of people who will stay with the life they’ve been given and 10% who would be willing to take a chance behind door #2. Personally, I would stick with the life I’ve been given because I couldn’t imagine my life being different….

scamp's avatar

If it was just me, I’d check out door number 2. but I wouldn’t give up my daughter for anything, so I’ll stick with this one.

lorrissey's avatar

i think i’d want to check out #2. why not? it’s not like giving up anything currently, you’d be starting over again in different circumstances.

daisy's avatar

Never! I am very content with my life and wouldn’t change it for anything.