General Question

brownlemur's avatar

Is there a term to describe the pulling of a locked car door handle while the driver is unlocking it simultaneously?

Asked by brownlemur (4086points) August 16th, 2007

I feel like there should be a term for this if it does not yet exist.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

figbash's avatar

This is a GREAT question. I do this all the time (I'm the puller.) I wish I knew the term myself and am interested to see what comes back!

TruMobius's avatar

phlocking -- at least it should be called phlocking

It is ,after all, a pretty phlocked up thing when it happens.

gailcalled's avatar

Second law of thermodynamics; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

brownlemur's avatar

I always thought that the 2nd law of thermodynamics had to do with entropy....

gailcalled's avatar

@brownlemur; you're right, of course. I am thinking of 3d law. Speak first, check later - that's my motto. Altho w. that endless pushing and pulling, one might speculate that entropy applies also :-)

ideabrian's avatar


samkusnetz's avatar

the second law of thermodynamics says that the whole universe will eventually end up at room temperature.

kfingerman's avatar

The first time my girlfriend did this on my car, I discovered that she has a tried and true term for it.“Oops,” she said, “I was an asshole.” So there you have it. The common mistake in questions is called “being an asshole.” try it. It’s catchy.

steelmarket's avatar

synchroFLIXity ? ;-)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther