General Question

shadling21's avatar

Can you help me find a song for a video?

Asked by shadling21 (6501points) January 7th, 2009

I recently posted a video onto Youtube, but it was rejected for copyright infringement. I need to find a song to replace the one I’d used in the video (Swagger Like Us by T.I.).

Hopefully this song will be around 90 BPM, instrumental, under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license or something similar (free to download and use). Oh, and it needs to be gangsta!

So far, I’ve been hunting through Jamendo, but it’s hard to find the right BPM and the right, uh, awesome-ness.

As an aside… I used footage from a local company. If I use a BY-NC-SA song, I then have to license my own work under the same classification. Do I need to clear that with the source material, or am I free to do what I want with the footage I’ve been given. The company’s only requirement was that I give them credit. Since a BY-NC-SA agreement requires crediting me, and since I credited them, does it automatically work?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

sndfreQ's avatar

Have you tried It’s one of the databases filled with CC music and “versions” of songs (i.e. instrumental mixes, a capellas, etc.). Worth a look IMO.

90s_kid's avatar

gangsta’s paradise – coolio
I heard that without lyrics once and it is awesome. (and 90’s!)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther