General Question

Sakata's avatar

What's a good computer chair mat to get for hardwood?

Asked by Sakata (3332points) March 7th, 2009

I’ve got hardwood floor and the computer chair is starting to screw it up. Anyone know of a good mat I can put down to save the wood? I’ve used regular mats in the past and they get dirt under ‘em and basically turn into sandpaper underneath.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Lightlyseared's avatar

I’m thinking those mats you get to put weight lifting stuff on would do a good job of protecting your floor.

augustlan's avatar

I’ve seen mats in offices that are a thin carpet-type on top with a thin rubber layer underneath. I’m thinking that might work better than the hard plastic ones. I need to get one, too. My floor is really f’ed up under my chair. :(

blastfamy's avatar

It may take a wee bit of assembly, but…

They make big pieces of rubber that is semi-soft. Get one of those, and then use a hard plastic floor mat with the teeth on the underside (used for carpets), by sticking the teeth into the rubber. Cut the rubber/plastic thingy to size…

This would be non-slip, but also sturdy enough to roll across.

boxing's avatar

chairmats in office depot or staples will do the job.

Jim1953's avatar

Just get a square floor rug and put it where you have your computer chair, then get a grippy plastic desk carpet saver like I have to keep the rug from getting damaged.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther