General Question

spywacko's avatar

Where should I go for a Masters in Digital Photography?

Asked by spywacko (324points) January 1st, 2008

I’m fairly knowledge when it comes to digital photography, but I would like to earn a masters degree in it. Are there any top schools I should consider? If so, why?

Any school on the globe would suffice. Thanks in advance.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

soethe6's avatar

RISD and the Art Institute of Chicago are two of the US’s best fine arts schools, and I’m sure they’ve both got top-notch graduate programs in philosophy. They will not be easy to get into, though…so I’d polish up that portfolio before applying. Also take a look at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. They’re strong on film, of course, and acting. Not sure if photography is handled by Tisch or another division of NYU.

sndfreQ's avatar

if design or media industries are a focus then also take a look at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena CA, or if fine art and interdisciplinary/multimedia is a focus also take a look at California Institute of the Arts (LA CA).

robmizelldotcom's avatar

Art Center in Pasadena. They’re known to create photographers and even though I went to a competing school in the area, I know they’re legit. Just read PDN or Comm Arts!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther