General Question

susanc's avatar

Both the radio and the climate control in my car are wacky. Take this to whom?

Asked by susanc (16112points) February 9th, 2010

This is an ‘03 Prius. It has electronic screens to control audio and
climate control. Both went wonky at the same time. The heater and the radio/cd player work, but the screens don’t consistently display the elements I want to control. Take it to dealer? Or?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

Kiev749's avatar

the dealer will specialize in you make in model, meaning they normally only see those types of cars (toyotas) however, if you take it to a reputable service shop, they should be able to do the same work for a little less than the dealership. (providing you dont already have a service agreement through the dealer already)

ragingloli's avatar

Whatever you do, insist on a binding cost estimate before any repairs are done, so they do not make any repairs you do not want them to make and by that make it more expensive. Also, you may want to get a list of everything that has been repaired and then take it to a second repair shop to verify that they actually did.

MrsNash's avatar

I don’t know the answer to your question. I just want to thank you for using the objective case properly!

Good luck with the car thing.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther