General Question

chelle21689's avatar

If I'm a Dental Assistant, can I test for EFDA in Los Angeles?

Asked by chelle21689 (7907points) June 9th, 2010

In Ohio, you can be a Dental Assistant for two years and then test for EFDA. What is it like for Los Angeles? I hear that only Dental Hygienist can test for it there. Is this true?

What if I test for EFDA in Ohio and move to Los Angeles after I pass?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

trailsillustrated's avatar

i think you can.

loser's avatar

I think you have to be an RDA or CDA first, but you don’t have to be a CDH OR RDH. California is an RDA state so if Ohio is too, I don’t believe there’s problem. If you are a CDA, you’ll have to sit for the RDA exam first. You might want to contact the CDAA just to find out for sure, though.

YARNLADY's avatar

For a definitive answer, I suggest you go right to the source CDAA

chelle21689's avatar

thanks everyone

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther