How do I get rid of this thing (see picture)?

Asked by Dutchess_III (26561 points ) 6 days ago

This is a screen print of my WWF game. Notice the “Smart Match” thing sitting in my ‘Your move’ section. I clicked on it to resign the game, but instead it brought up some other troll who made an opening move. I immediately resigned that game, but I want to get rid of that Smart Match thing. Any idea how to do that?

Vincentt's avatar

If you have Adblock, you could install the Element Hiding Helper extension. You could also just not click that button though ;-)

Also, I don’t think that other person was a troll: it seems like a feature to find players you don’t know that are at about your skill level. The other player has probably pressed the same button.

I knew I shouldn’t click it, but I was hoping it would come up with some way to get rid of it.

Seaofclouds's avatar

It appears that “smart match” is a feature they added with the recent version of WWF. It also looks like it is permanent and there is no way to get rid of it. Sorry.

Vincentt's avatar

@Dutchess_III That’s why I also mentioned Element Hiding Helper, although it only appears to be available for Firefox :)

Installed @Vincentt! Thanks!

Vincentt's avatar

So did it work? I’m not sure if it’s clear enough how to set it up :)

No. But a “hide” button now comes up on other things. I’ve learned to ignore it.

Also, I have yet to restart my computer. When I do, that may make a difference.