sophied's avatar

Can you un-request a friend on facebook?

Asked by sophied (101 points ) November 25th, 2009

I’d like to undo a friend request I made. Long story . . . He hasn’t replied yet, so the status is still “awaiting confirmation.” Is it possible to just undo it?

sarah826's avatar

Yes. I know I’ve done it. I can’t remember how though. Google “How to remove someone from your friend list on Facebook” and you’re sure to get it. The Internet ROCKS!!!

sophied's avatar

@sarah826 I’m not trying to remove him from my friend list, I’m trying to remove the friend request.

sebastian_von_tulu's avatar

Yes you can, I just tried it on a random stranger.

You’ll find him/her in your friends list (click on All Connections and scroll through until you find said person. For some reason their listed alphabetically by forename).

sebastian_von_tulu's avatar

So basically you’re not “undoing” it but removing them from your friends list before they’ve actually accepted it.

Just to clarify – if that actually clarified it at all?

sophied's avatar

I found another way, too. I blocked him, and then unblocked him, and the friend request disappeared.

sebastian_von_tulu's avatar

Well as long as it works, I guess!

crazyandbeautiful's avatar

yes you can. at the very bottom of the page your friends with you can remove from friends. or go to your friends list and there is a small x right next to their name just click on that and that will remove them from your friends list. i have cleaned up my friends list 2xs in the past month. so i hope this helps you out and good luck.

vien24's avatar

good idea i block her then i’ll go to privacy and’s working.