What do you cook on weeknights? (Not a salad.)
Hi! After we get home from work, all I want to do is sit down and fluther, but I have to make dinner. Hopefully you have some quick, relatively healthy recipes (or recipe sites) to suggest. I looked for this sort of question and didn’t find exactly what I needed.
In the best of all worlds, the recipe would fit these specs:
1. Makes enough for four portions. (We pack two portions for lunch the next day at work.)
2. Reheats well the next day (see #1). This tends to rule out things like “grilled cheese,” for example.
3. Isn’t greens-based (like lettuce salad). My guy can’t eat that too often.
4. Is quick and relatively easy to prepare. You know, in that slot of time between getting home and crashing.
5. Tends to avoid “pre-fab” food (like “can of cream of cholesterol soup” or “refrigerated biscuit dough”) in favor of fresh ingredients.
Thanks for reading. :)
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.