General Question

MissAnthrope's avatar

Is there a name for the blend of rap and rock genres?

Asked by MissAnthrope (21511points) December 10th, 2010

I’m really into this song right now. Hearing it made me realize I really like the fusion of rap and rock. Or rap and other genres, really. Is there a name for this? Or any other thing I can call it besides ‘rap-rock’, which sounds kinda dumb?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

mrlaconic's avatar

It generally falls under mash ups. If you go to Sound Cloud and search for al-b3 you will find some others you might like.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
janedelila's avatar

I loved it!!! Have you tried the Insane Clown Posse? Terribly funny shit, and by the looks of this video, I think you’ll love it.

MissAnthrope's avatar

@janedelila – I haven’t, though I know a bunch of people who like them. I’ll have to check it out!

janedelila's avatar

I have the discography I think you will have found a great friend in ICP. We are always recruiting new Juggalos!!

lloydbird's avatar

@MissAnthrope Good song that.
You might want to look into Rap metal or Rap rock.

gm_pansa's avatar

LOL: Rop or Rack?

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther