General Question

sabbersolo's avatar

How can I use a North American Xbox 360 in the UK?

Asked by sabbersolo (200points) August 25th, 2011

So I’m moving from Canada to Britain in a month. I assume I’ll be needing some kind of voltage converter in order to play my XBox 360. Anyone have any tips? I don’t want to end up frying the power supply. And I assume I need a multi-system television.

Any help would be hot :)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

the100thmonkey's avatar

You should be able to buy a used UK XBOX PSU either online or at a local 2nd hand shop.

Whether or not the XBOX will display correctly depends on whether or not the TV is capable of NTSC, as the UK uses the PAL standard.

If your TV has a DVI port, I think you might be able to make it work regardless of the region it comes from, but I’m not 100% sure.

Also, bear in mind that North American games are on different region encoding, so you won’t be able to play UK games on your machine.

thebluewaffle's avatar

I’ve been to canada, Alberta to be precise…Beautiful place!

Why the hell are you moving here?

Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther